We are often asked by partners if there is a way to upload images for customers to view and purchase, but if we can hold off on fulfilling the order until the partner has a chance to edit the photo to perfection.
The answer is YES--you can upload using our "thumbnails only" setting and when someone orders those photos, we'll notify you to upload the high-resolution image(s) through your Image Upload Requested (IUR) report. Here's the breakdown:
1. Choose "Thumbnails ONLY" upload:
**No need to re-size your photos to thumbnails for this upload. The upload tool will create a thumbnail from your high-resolution images and leave the actual high-res images behind.**
2. Your customer places an order:
3. We notify you by email and on your IMAGE UPLOAD REQUESTED REPORT that we need the high-resolution image(s) uploaded:
4. Browse your files, upload, and we'll process the order!
**IMPORTANT NOTE*** The file name of the original photo uploaded via "thumbnail-only", and the file name of the high-resolution photo uploaded via the the Image Upload Request report must be exactly the same.
Special Note Regarding File Naming For Images
- No spaces
- No Special Characters i.e. [email protected]#$%^&*()+=
- The can contain “_” and “–“ however they cannot be at the beginning of a file
I.E.: “_123456.jpg” is BAD “123_456.jpg” is acceptable.